Wednesday 12 March 2008

Heuristic Evaluation of Website

During 3rd year of college, I had Human Computer Interaction as a subject. Simply we studied how people interact with computer's/computer applications, and how we can improve this interaction. Part of the subject was conducting a heuristic evaluation of a website. Unfortunatly for www.brooksvideo.com, I had to write up on them. Needless to say I pretty much slated the site (And got a good mark!). After this subject I still keep a keen eye on websites and think to myself, this is a nice site, or the case with the Ryanair.com site, wow did they actually pay somebody to develop this or was it Michael O'Leary's pet monkey! I'm currently developing a site myself, lets lets hope I don't shoot myself in the foot.


If you are studying HCI its worth looking up Jakob Nielsen. He's the main guru when it comes to this. So if your looking for an example of a heuristic evaluation, I have mine available to download as a PDF file.


No comments: